On those days when simply getting out of bed is hard, what can be done to salvage the day?
Manage your thoughts:
- Accept life happens some times, this won’t be the last time and sure isn’t the first.
- Forgive yourself, you may not be able to meet your impeccable high standards.
- Be okay with okay, something maybe better than nothing.
Manage your feelings:
- Take a breath.
- Be curious about what you are feeling.
- Be clear you are feeling not being. (Feeling upset not being upset – one is a passing emotion the other a state)
Manage your actions:
- Take the first step – allow yourself to stop afterwards if you wish
- Do something different – what is the opposite emotion? What actions would you take for that (sad -> happy. Happy actions would be to move, smile, listen to upbeat music).
- Great starts with good, good starts with okay, okay may start with ugly… Start one ugly action to get moving.
Don’t accept things must stay as they are.
Daily Question: What ugly (healthy) action(s) help you get going?
Ready to move forward?
Chat to us and figure out what your ugly action could be.Healthy Actions Here